Monday, August 13, 2012

Baby shower!

My Baby Shower!

I had a great time at my baby shower.  My mother-in-law, sister-in-law and friend Nicole threw me such an awesome shower.  I saw a baby shower on Pinterest (of course) that was children's book themed and knew that's what I wanted.  It turned out so perfectly.  We had meatballs (thanks dad, they were delicious) for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs; muffins and cookies for If you Give a Mouse a Cookie and If you Give a Moose a Muffin; Deviled eggs and sandwiches for Green Eggs and Ham and an assortment of fruit for The Very Hungry Caterpillar.



The food was yummy and the desserts were super cute and delicious.  The cake had "books" on it which were all different flavors.





My friend Noelle (who is super crafty and awesome) made cake pops and a cake pop stand especially for the shower.  OMG these were the cutest cake pops I have ever seen!  The stand had pages from children's books on it and Kate's name around the bottom.  So adorable!  Here's a link to her blog so check it out- http://homemakerchic.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/diy-cake-pop-or-cupcake-stand-tutorial/ 

Kate was for sure showered with lots and lots of wonderful gifts.  A lot of pink and ruffles, which I LOVE.  Here is my husband's favorite gift for sure :-)  (if you don't know Erick, he's a huge Seminole fan so this is very fitting)

Patti (my dad's girlfriend) made this adorable diaper cake.


Ms. B (a very special woman to me) monogrammed some super cute outfits with Kate's name on them (this is my favorite) and made a very special blanket for Kate.
Thank you to everyone who came!  It was a great party! 

1 comment:

  1. Aww thanks for the link back! I had so much fun making those cake pops! I'm so excited to meet Kate! She's gonna be so spoiled :) I love her already.

    ReplyDelete