Friday, August 31, 2012

37 weeks!

 (I changed out of my work clothes about .2 seconds after I got home and didn't feel like changing again for the picture.)
 
 
37 Weeks! Whoa! That means I am full term :-) Which also means she could technically come any day now, yikes.  Not that I wouldn't be over the moon if she did come soon, but things are definitely not ready for her arrival at work.  I still have lessons to plan and there needs to be a sub for me found before she makes her appearance (this is my hope at least).  I'm convinced, for some reason, that she won't come before her due date.  I'm thinking sometime between the 25th and the 29th.  I guess we will see soon enough.
So you know how last week I was grumpy and upset about my appointment and kind of freaking out about the whole low iron thing?  Yeah, well I got a call from the midwife on Wednesday and turns out when the did a blood draw (instead of the finger prick) that my iron is high enough for me to birth at the birthing center will no problem!  There was a .6 difference in the blood draw and finger prick!  I'm not sure how much of a jump .6 is but I know it's enough to put me just over the minimum of what the birthing center requires :-)  I was sooooooooo relieved to hear that news! 
The appointment this week went much better as well.  I saw the regular midwife that I have been seeing and everything was pretty good.  It's so nice to have someone who really seems to understand you and your crazy husband and genuinely care about you both and the baby.  I love Erick to death but sometimes he comes off like a little too much of a goof and I worry that people don't see how great he is under the goofiness.  Well she made my night when she said to him "You know even though you are a total goofball and make your wife blush, you are one awesome guy and it's great to see how involved you are".  It's not that I needed her to know how awesome he is but it was nice to hear her say that.  I am still measuring small (measured this week and last week at 33cm and she said I should be 38-40cm) so she ordered an ultrasound for me just to check and make sure everything is good.  Baby girl's heart rate was perfect and she's a-movin' and a-shakin' so I'm not too worried.  The midwife said she isn't worried either but it's better to check and make sure.  I am excited to see her on the ultrasound on Tuesday now :-)
Another exciting thing that happened is we found our pediatrician!  We interviewed him and he was awesome!  Loved the office, the office staff and him.  I'm really happy we picked him.  It really started to freak me out though realizing that we have a pediatrician, because that means we have a baby that needs a pediatrician lol.  Duh, I know I'm having a baby and I know I've basically had the last almost 9 months to think about it but when you are actually doing stuff to prepare it makes it so much more real!
 
How far along? 37 weeks

Total weight gain: +24 (same as last week)
 
Maternity clothes? Lately I've gone back to the Bella band/ hair tie trick and have worn some non maternity jeans and pants. Wearing about 1/2 maternity 1/2 regular clothes.

Stretch marks? none yet and I hope to never get them!
Sleep: Sleep stinks... waking up way more times now to pee than before!  Then when I'm awake all I can think about are baby things that aren't ready yet and can't fall back asleep.   
Best moment this week: Probably Thursday, our baby appointment day.  We both left work at noon for the interview with the pediatrician, then had a little day date consisting of Tampa Cuban for lunch (best cubans and black beans and rice!), mani (me)/ pedi (Erick), then appointment with the midwife followed by our last birthing class.
 
Miss Anything? Just the whole sleeping thing.

Movement: oh man oh man, lately she has been pushing on my sciatic nerve and sending shock waves down my right leg! Her movements are getting so much stronger it's crazy to watch my stomach when she's moving all around.  She sticks her foot out right under my ribs and it's so crazy to see my skin just poking out. 

Food cravings: Ice and tomato and mozzarella with balsamic! I seriously can't get enough of it!
Anything making you queasy or sick: smelly stuff

Gender: BABY GIRL!!!!

Labor Signs: No labor signs but braxton hicks contractions for sure.

Symptoms: back pain and tired. I'm pretty sure the heartburn and acid reflux were from taking the extra iron before bed, thankfully I don't have to take it 4 times a day anymore so I'm not taking it right before bed.

Belly Button in or out? starting to poke out

Wedding rings on or off? on but getting tight.  I got really concerned while we were at the birthing center.  My hands and feet were a little swollen and I couldn't move my wedding rings at first.  I eventually got them off and then forgot to put them on before work and felt naked the whole day without them. I still have yet to put them back on.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Anxious. Like heart starts racing out of nowhere, stomach hurts and it's a little hard to breathe anxious. Not all the time though, it comes in spurts.

Looking forward to: The ultrasound and for them to say that she is healthy and all is good :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment