Sunday, August 26, 2012

36 weeks

36 Weeks!!!
Yes, I know that my head is cut off in this picture but believe me it looks better that way.  I couldn't get a good picture to save my life this morning.  It was probably due to the fact that I slept like complete crap and felt like I was burping up lava all night.  I'm sure that's just what you wanted to know lol.
 
 
So for the first time I had an awful and disheartening appointment this week     :-(.  I wrote back at 28 weeks about having low iron and having to take a supplement to get my iron up, well it's still low.  It has to be at a 10 to be able to stay at the birth center and mine was at a 9.7.  I got really discouraged because 1- I try and get as much iron as I can, I have a spinach and fruit smoothie each morning and I take the supplement twice a day (i do admit I have forgotten a few times to take it) and 2- I really want to have Kate at the birthing center!  Here it is 36 weeks in and I might have to change my whole birth plan.  Another thing that made the appointment not so good is the fact that it was with the new midwife, there's nothing wrong with her and she seems really great, but I'm comfortable with the other two that I have been seeing for the last 7 months.  She was very informative and nice but I was expecting one of the other ones.  She also was telling me that I'm measuring small, I was measuring at 33cm and she said I should be at 38-40cm.  She said it wasn't something to be alarmed about but that she will need to monitor my growth.  She also said something about maybe Kate has dropped which would make sense for me measuring smaller than I should. I guess I'm just getting really emotional and that's why this appointment bummed me out.  There was nothing seriously wrong with my appointment but I left feeling super discouraged.  I just don't like hearing that things aren't going how they should be.  The midwife said to take the iron 3-4 times a day and eat more leafy greens.  So below are the pictures to show what I'm doing to get more iron.  I'm trying to drink 2 smoothies a day instead of one and Erick has stocked up on steaks.  Hopefully this will help and when they check my iron in 2 weeks all will be good and I won't have to go to the hospital.  The way I see it is, if there is something wrong with my body absorbing iron and it is still low after all this then, it's probably better that I'm at a hospital.  We shall see.
 
 
Green Smoothie- 1 frozen banana, 1 cup or so of frozen mixed fruit, a cup or so of Green Goodness juice, a big handful of fresh spinach leaves, a big splash of OJ and some water.  The good thing is that it's very tasty. 
 
I asked Erick to get some steaks at Sam's and he comes home to tell me that according to the butcher these have the most iron lol.  So far we have had steak 3 nights in a row.  I need to get creative on how to cook it.  
 
 
How far along? 36 weeks

Total weight gain: +24

Maternity clothes? Lately I've gone back to the Bella band and have worn some non maternity jeans and pants.  Wearing about 1/2 maternity 1/2 regular clothes. 

Stretch marks? none yet and I hope to never get them!
 
Sleep: Sleep is great if I don't wake up in the middle of the night with a mouth full of lava!  Seriously it's one of the strangest and grossest feelings.  Of course once I'm awake I can't fall back asleep for a while.   
Best moment this week: Hmmm... probably the fact that Erick got a ton of projects done around the house including redoing the closets in out room :-)   
Miss Anything? Not really this week. 

Movement: oh man oh man, lately she has been pushing on my sciatic nerve and sending shock waves down my right leg!  Her movements are getting so much stronger it's crazy to watch my stomach when she's moving all around. 

Food cravings: Ice, tomato and mozzarella with balsamic!  I seriously can't get enough of it!
Anything making you queasy or sick: smelly stuff

Gender: BABY GIRL!!!!

Labor Signs: No labor signs but braxton hicks contractions for sure.

Symptoms: Heartburn, acid reflux, back pain and tired.

Belly Button in or out? starting to poke out

Wedding rings on or off? on but getting tight
Happy or Moody most of the time: Anxious. 
 
Looking forward to: Meeting this little peanut, less than a month to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment