Tuesday, July 31, 2012

32 weeks


8 months!

Yikes that means only 2 more left till baby is here!!! The nursery is almost done. The glider will be here tomorrow! Yay! And really all I have left to do is put up the stuff on the wall and put away all the baby stuff. Oh yeah and repaint the small dresser and drawers. So yeah I guess it's not almost done but it's getting there :-)
This past weekend we went with 2 other couples to the condo on the east coast. It was so relaxing and the beach was beautiful. I call the condo "my happy place" because not only is it a great place right on the beach but I've been going there basically every year of my life. I have so many different memories of family times spent there and every time I go I think back on all the great times I've had there. This year was different because I was not only thinking about the memories but also how and where Kate and our future children will have those same memories. Hopefully the condo stays in the family for forever and she can have the same memories there that I did. I'm really hoping that next summer my brothers and their families and I can all spend some time over there together. I know Kate won't remember it but it would be a great tradition to start. My brothers have 5 kids between the two of them ages newborn (less than a week old) to 10 so I can't help but look forward to all the fun times the cousins will have together in years to come. Being pregnant definitely makes you look at things differently. Now at camp I look at the campers and wonder what type of camper will Kate be. Will she be outgoing or shy? Like to play sports or be more of a girly girl? Will she listen or push her boundaries? I know all of these questions will be answered in time but I can't help but to think about it now. I also find myself thinking twice before I say something, wondering if I would want someone to say that to my daughter. It puts things into perspective for sure.



How far along? 32 weeks

Total weight gain: +15 down a pound from last appointment but I think it was just the clothes I was wearing

Maternity clothes? Some maternity shorts and shirts and lots of dresses and skirts   

Stretch marks? none yet and I hope to never get them!
Sleep: sleep is alright I guess... I can't really get comfortable and I wake up too many times during the night to pee 

Best moment this week: going to the condo for the weekend!  It was so relaxing and really nice to get away for a few days.   

Miss Anything? being able to lay on my back or stomach. 

Movement: oh yes everyday.  Erick was reading her a story and she started moving all around, like strong big movements.
Food cravings: Ice ice baby... ice water, ice cubes, and ice cream lately
Anything making you queasy or sick: smelly stuff

Gender: BABY GIRL!!!!
Labor Signs: Nope  

Symptoms: a big huge belly lol, heartburn at times, feeling more tired and backaches.

Belly Button in or out? in, well really it's almost flat.

Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: a little moodier lately... poor Erick gets the brunt of my moodiness.  He deserves a medal for putting up with me and loving me! 

Looking forward to: My baby shower on Sunday!  But I'm not looking forward to trying to find places to put all the stuff!  It's stressing me out seriously.  I still need to put all the stuff we've already gotten away in the nursery (i'm not complaining about people giving us stuff at all, just stating the fact that there's a ton of stuff for such a tiny person.)

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you. If its up to me, the condo will be with us forever. I love you both so much. Can't wait to see our newest family member.

    ReplyDelete