Monday, April 30, 2012

The BIG box reveal!

We had our ultrasound on Tuesday and had the tech write the results in an envelope.  After the baby not cooperating for a while the tech was finally able to see if it was a he or she :-)  I took the sealed envelope and kept it safe and unopened until Thursday.  Nicole and Craig were in charge of the box and they did an awesome job putting it together. 
Here is THE BOX-
We went to the beach with Erick's parents, sister, her kids and my dad and Patti and of course Nicole and Craig.  The weather was perfect and the beach was beautiful like always. Here are a few pictures from the awesome night :-)

Here's our "what is it?" faces

This was right before we opened it... I'm not sure but you may be able to tell by the look on my face how excited I was.
                                                         IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!
We are so excited to be having a precious little girl.  We are naming her Kathryn after my mom and calling her Kate.  I can't wait to start planning and decorating the nursery! Originally we weren't going to find out the sex of the baby but I have to say I'm so glad we did!  I feel like it's a little more real now and I feel like I'm able to bond with the her more now that I know she's a she.  I always said I wanted a boy first. I have 2 older brothers and loved having them look out for me and being the little sister.  But from the moment I found out I was pregnant I had a very strong feeling it was going to be a girl and I was so excited about it.  The fantasy family I had picked out in my dreams, 2 older boys and a little girl, isn't going to be a reality and I'm totally OK with that. I know Kate is going to be an awesome older sister to what ever siblings she gets.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, It was so fun to see your reveal! Kathryn is a beautiful name after a beautiful woman. How special for your family! (also my mom's name and my grand baby's name...so I am doubly partial. Cindy Peabody

    ReplyDelete