Saturday, April 14, 2012

"Baby Bump" Business

I have always loved seeing baby bumps and love to rub them (only people I know very well, duh) but now I am discovering all is not cute with the baby bump business.  I always said "I can't wait to have a bump!".  Well I figured when I got pregnant I would automatically get this super cute little basketball "bump" by like 3 months and then it would continue to get bigger and cuter till I pop.  This my friend is not the truth!  This week I have fallen into the "growing belly but not looking pregnant yet" phase and truthfully I don't love it.  Don't get me wrong I'm over the moon excited to be pregnant and know how blessed I am.  I just didn't expect to look in the mirror and feel so fat and unpregnant!  I know I'm supposed to be getting bigger, duh.  There is a growing baby in there but when it really starts to happen it's a little strange.  I am not complaining just venting a little bit.  I'm excited for the "bump" to come and know that once my belly is big and round and noticeably pregnant I will love it and won't be able to keep my hands from rubbing it.  In the mean time I will convince myself to be patient and enjoy all the wonderful things that I'm experiencing in the joyous time.

Here's a before and after.
            5 Weeks I believe                                  17 Weeks
 


No comments:

Post a Comment