Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Freezer breakfast burritos

 I have recently discovered that I love breakfast burritos.  I mean who doesn't love a delicious breakfast rolled up and perfect for on the go?  It's a genius idea! I follow Mindovermunch on Instagram and she posted this recipe for breakfast burritos so I tried it and WHOOAAA so good!
Here's my picture step by step.
You can use any veggies you want to and could use ground beef or sausage. 
I used:
1 package of ground turkey
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 cup of mushrooms
1/4 cup of red onions
1 cup spinach
1 cup cherry tomatoes
5 eggs
1 cup of egg whites
2 cups of Mexican blend shredded cheese
2 packages of tortillas of your choice.  (8 come in a pack and I was able to make 9 with this recipe)
 
 Veggies:
                                 
                         
                         
                         
 
Ground turkey cooked with taco seasoning
                                                                                     Whisk eggs and egg whites together
(I took the ground turkey out of the pan and cooked the eggs in the same pan)
                                                 
              Add in veggies             
                                                
                                        
                               Add in the ground turkey                                        
                                                


After the veggies, eggs and turkey are all combined scoop out some and place it in the middle of a tortilla and top it with cheese. 
                                                  


Fold it up and wrap it in plastic wrap
                                                  
                                
                                          


Ta-Da!  There's your breakfast for the week or more.  Well in may case it was breakfast for a few days considering my husband, myself and our Spanish exchange student all eat them in the morning.  The next batch I made double the recipe so it lasted longer.
 
You can pop these in the freezer and they should last 4-6 weeks.  If frozen then microwave them for 1 minute, rotate and microwave 1 more minute.  If not frozen microwave 45 seconds and enjoy :-)
                                      

2 comments:

  1. In Texas, breakfast burritos are the king of breakfast foods! One of my favorites is scrabbled eggs, avacado slices, monterray jack cheese, and a little homemade pico all wrapped in a white corn tortilla......YUM!!!!!! I have lots of versions if you run out... also look up a recipe for migas... another delicious breakfast!!! <3 you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacquline that sounds so good! I'm planning on mixing it up next time. I'm not sure how avocados would be frozen and then heated up? I will check out migas for sure. Thanks for reading :-) <3 you too!

      Delete