Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Easy toddler breakfast

My almost 1 year old LOVES sweet potatoes so when I saw sweet potato pancakes on sale at the local health food store I had to try them out.  They were great!  They come in a frozen pack, easy to heat up and she absolutely gobbled them up.  The problem is that there were only about 6 in the pack and they didn't last very long.  The next time I went to the store I saw this box of mix and decided to give it a try.  I'm all about meal planning lately, it just makes life a little easier all around.
 
In the future I would like to try and make them from scratch but for now the box mix worked beautifully. 
 
 
 
Just add water and mix.  I used the whole box that way I can freeze the rest and just heat them up as needed.
 
I scooped out 1/4 cup for each pancake.  Cook a bit longer than regular pancakes.  Just remember to watch for the bubbles, when it's bubbling it's time to flip.  I left a few out to put in the fridge and then put the rest in freezer bags for later.  It made 22 pancakes. 
 
 
As you can see the Peanut loves them.  She literally shovels them in her mouth.
What are some easy meals you make for your little ones? 




No comments:

Post a Comment