Monday, December 3, 2012

New smoothie obsession

I love love love green smoothies!  By green I mean fruit smoothies with spinach in them.  While I was pregnant I would have one each morning with frozen banana, frozen mixed fruit, OJ, water and spinach.  Those are very delicious and nutritious but I have found a new one that I LOVE LOVE LOVE even more!  I found the recipe on Pinterest, surprise surprise.  Here is the original blog.
 
It taste like a peanut butter milkshake!  Here is what you need-
 1/2 c. Vanilla Greek yogurt
1 c. Vanilla Almond Milk
1 frozen banana
1 tbsp Peanut Butter
4 c. Spinach
 
Here is what it looks like step by step-
Step 1- Take one frozen banana and break it into a few pieces (peel them before you freeze them).  I usually buy a bunch of bananas and once they start to look a little over ripe I freeze them before they get mushy. 
 
Next add the yogurt.  I have been using these cups, they are about 1/2 cup and work out wonderfully.
Next- Peanut butter and Almond milk.
The recipe says 1 tbsp but I just use a heaping spoonful. Add one cup of the almond milk.  There are other brands but this is the one I picked up and it's really tasty.
 
Next- Add spinach.  The original recipe says 4 cups but I just add about two big handfuls
Once you have all your ingredients blend them together.  On my blender I use three different buttons- mix, puree and liquefy. 
Ta-da!  You have a delicious frothy and smooth, not to mention healthy protein packed smoothie!  I usually drink this as a late morning or afternoon snack.  I made it one night for dessert even. 
Enjoy! 
Please let me know if you have any other smoothie recipes that I should try :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment